What is required to register an enterprise with foreign investments in Uzbekistan:
- The amount of the authorized capital should be at least 600,000,000 Sums (about 75,000 US dollars);
- Presence of a foreign legal entity among the founders;
- The share of a foreign legal entity must be at least 30% of the total amount of the authorised capital.
- To create an enterprise with the participation of a foreign investor they need to go through the following steps:
- Development of a set of constituent documents or making changes to the documents of an existing enterprise (if investments are attracted into an existing enterprise);
- Reservation of a trade name;
- Notarisation of constituent documents;
- Government registration (re-registration) of a legal entity;
- Production of the main seal and corner stamp (if required);
- Conclusion of a contract for banking services and opening of bank accounts (for newly established enterprises).
The constituent documents can be prepared either by the founders themselves, or under an agreement with third parties (consulting centres, law firms, etc.). They can contact the nearest division of the Chamber of Commerce, whose specialists will develop the necessary documents on a contractual basis. Founders can use standard forms of constituent documents which are available on the official website of the Ministry of Justice - .http://www.minjust.uz/ru/interactive/documents/
A newly established enterprise with the participation of a foreign investor acquires the status of a legal entity and the right to operate after its government registration. The registration procedure does not depend on the status of the enterprise having been established (FDI, etc.) — all are registered by centres for providing public services to business entities under the “single window” principle.
They should contact the “single window” centre at the location of the founder — for the legal entity or at the place of permanent residence of the founder – for an individual. Since 1 April 2017, they can register a business entity via the Internet using an automated system for registering business entities integrated into the single portal of interactive services.