Control over the use of oil and gas products in Uzbekistan – and the necessary inspections/checks for this - is implemented by an authorised body - Uzneftegazinspekziya.
Uzneftegazinspekziya’s remit includes the fields of production, processing, transportation, distribution, the sale and use of oil, gas, gas condensate and their processing by-products.
Uzneftegazinspekziya is guided by, and operates under, a variety of Resolutions, Decrees, Orders and Regulations. These include:
- 27 July 2018: Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan - No. UP-5490
- 7 November 2018: Regulation – On Procedure of Approval and Conducting Inspections of Activities of Business Entities by Regulatory Authorities
- Inspections are conducted according to the requirements of the regulation
- Issued by the General Prosecution Office of the Republic of Uzbekistan and approved by the Ministry of Justice - No. 3067
- 30 November 2018:
- All inspection activities registered in the electronic registration of inspections developed by the General Prosecutor's office
- Registered at the Ministry of Justice No. 3093
- Inspections overseen by the Business Ombudsman under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan and a specially issued code
- 24 June 2019: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan - No. 520
- 5 July 2019: Risk of Committing Violations by a Relevant Business Entity - No. 57-i/ch
- Order issued by the Head of Uzneftegazinspektziya
- Coordinated with the Business Ombudsman under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Chamber of Commerce of the Republic of Uzbekistan