The Scientific and Technical Council of the Ministry of Energy ensures the high quality and efficient implementation of the following Decree and a Resolution signed by the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, in February 2019.
- Decree ‘UP-5646’ contains measures to radically improve Uzbekistan’s fuel and energy sector; and
- Resolution ‘PP-4142’ contains measures to organize the Ministry of Energy’s activities
Supervised by the Ministry of Energy, the Council coordinates innovation, the implementation of technical policy, and a science-led strategy for the development of Uzbekistan’s fuel and energy sector.
The Council comprises a minimum of 11 members, of which at least 30% are not Ministry of Energy employees.
The Council’s Chairman is the Minister of Energy of the Republic of Uzbekistan. The Deputy Chairman is the First Deputy Minister of Energy – the Director General of the Uzatom Agency.
The Council’s main objectives are:
- Organization and implementation
- The formation, review and implementation of strategy to develop Uzbekistan’s fuel and energy industry, including a unified technical policy
- Approval of construction projects
- Reviewing and approving projects to construct fuel and energy industry facilities
- Monitoring progress of the projects and ensuring best practice
- Strategic planning
- Ensuring strategic planning and integrated development takes place for Uzbekistan’s fuel and energy industry
- Increasing and diversifying energy production for the both business and consumer usage
- Short, medium-and long-term forecasts of energy production, supply and consumption
- Attracting capital
- Increasing investment into the fuel and energy industry by developing public-private partnerships
- Amending tariffs to create a favourable investment environment
- Embracing technology
- Analysis of advanced technologies and equipment to increase productivity and quality
- Improve environmental standards with reliance on scientists and practitioners from leading institutions
- Promoting innovation
- Promote innovative technology in energy production processes
- Improve energy efficiency and conserve energy resources
- Safe atomic power
- Construction of safe nuclear power plants