29 May 2020
Loan/Grant No. and
Contract No. and
Deadline for Submission of Bids
31 July 2020 at 14:00 hours (Tashkent time)
1. The Government of Uzbekistan has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Sustainable Hydropower Project. Part of this financing will be used for eligible payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. Joint Stock Company (JSC) Uzbekhydroenergo (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the «Design and Construction of Rabat, Chappasuy and Tamshush Hydropower Plants» (“the Facilities”) on the Aksu River in Kashkadarya Region, Uzbekistan.
3. Open competitive bidding (International Advertisement) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s One-Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
- Average Annual Turnover: Minimum average annual turnover of $ 30 million calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three (3) years (calendar year 2017, 2018 and 2019). In case of a joint venture, each partner must meet at least 25% of the average annual turnover, one partner must meet at least 40% of the average annual turnover and all partners combined must meet at least 100% of the average annual turnover requirement.
- Contracts of Similar Size and Nature: Participation as a contractor or joint venture partner or subcontractor in at least two (2) hydropower plants on engineering, procurement & construction (EPC) contracts basis that have been successfully or substantially completed within the last ten (10) years prior to the deadline for bid submission and that is similar to the proposed contract, where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds $ 50 million. The similarity of the Bidder’s participation shall be based on the following criteria:
- At least two (2) contract should have been completed with an installed capacity of at least 20 MW; and
- One (1) contract should have been completed outside the Bidder’s home country.
The qualification criteria are more completely described in the Bidding Document.
5. To obtain further information, Bidders should contact:
Attention: JSC Uzbekhydroenergo
Head of Procurement, Technical Requirements Development, Marketing and Contracting Department
Street address: Navoi street #22
ZIP code: 100011
Country: Republic of Uzbekistan
Telephone: (+ 99871) 241 1524
Fax: (+ 99871) 230 3352
E-mail address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
6. To purchase the Bidding Documents in English, eligible Bidders should:
- write to the address above requesting the Bidding Documents for Procurement of Design and Construction of Rabat, Chappasuy and Tamshush Hydropower plants. Bidder may opt to receive the Bidding Documents electronically.
- pay a nonrefundable fee of US$ 300 or equivalent amount in national currency at the rate of Central Bank of Republic of Uzbekistan on the day of payment. The method of payment will be by cash or Bank Demand Draft. Bank account of Employer is the following:
Name of Bank: Central operations department JSCB Turonbank, MFO (sort code): 00446, SWIFT: TUROUZ22
In favour of: Joint Stock Company Uzbekhydroenergo
Account No.: 20208840900781786001
7. Deliver your bid:
- to the address above
- on or before the deadline: 31 July 2020, 14:00 hours local time in Uzbekistan.
- Together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Documents.
Late bids will be rejected and returned unopened to the respective bidder.
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.
8. JSC Uzbekhydroenergo will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by bidders in connection with site visits or preparation, delivery and eventual negotiation of bids.