4 November 2020
Loan/Grant No. and
Contract No. and
Deadline for Submission of Bids
2 February 2021
- The Republic of Uzbekistan has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Power Generation Efficiency Improvement Project. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from all countries. This Contract will be jointly financed by European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), Uzbekistan Fund for Reconstruction and Development (UFRD), Joint Stock Company Talimarjan and the Government of Uzbekistan. The eligibility rules and procedures of ADB will govern the bidding process.
- Joint Stock Company (JSC) Talimarjan TPP (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders (i) for the «Expansion of Talimarjan Thermal Power Plant by Construction of the next Two Combined Cycle Units with a Total Capacity of at least 900 MW» (“the Facilities”) at the existing Talimarjan Thermal Power Plant in the Southern Kashkadarya region, and (ii) for a Long-Term Service Agreement (LTSA) for the supplied gas turbine generator units. The bid evaluation will take into account both components in accordance with the bid evaluation criteria given in the Bidding Document, and based on this evaluation two separate contracts will be awarded. The LTSA contract will be financed by the Employer. The configuration of each unit shall be 1+1+1 on separate shafts. Fuel shall be natural gas supplied by Uzbekneftegaz and the generated power will be evacuated to the 500kV national grid through an existing 500kV switchyard. Approximately 600 meters of new overhead transmission line (OHTL) will be needed to connect the Facilities to the existing 500kV open switchyard and approximately 800 meters of new OHTL to connect the existing 500kV switchyard to the existing 220kV switchyard. The contractor will be responsible for design, supply, delivery to site, construction, installation, testing, and commissioning of the Facilities including the OHTL on an EPC turnkey contract basis. The Time for Completion of the Facilities (for both CCGT units and the OHTL) shall be 1,000 days from the Contract Effective Date.
- Open competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Two-Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all eligible Bidders as described in the Bidding Document.
- Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications may participate in this bidding:
- Average Annual Turnover: Minimum average annual turnover of USD 500 million calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three (3) years (2017, 2018 and 2019). In case of a joint venture, each partner must meet 40% of the average annual turnover, one partner must meet 80% of the average annual turnover and all partners combined must meet 100% of the average annual turnover requirement.
- Contracts of Similar Size and Nature: Participation as a contractor or joint venture partner or subcontractor in at least three (3) combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) on engineering, procurement & construction (EPC) contracts basis that have been successfully or substantially completed within the last ten (10) years prior to the deadline for bid submission and that is similar to the proposed contract, where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds USD 600 million. The similarity of the Bidder’s participation shall be based on the following criteria:
- (I) At least two (2) contract should have been completed for CCGT units with an output capacity of at least 400 MW;
- (II) At least one (1) contract should have been completed and achieved at least 24,000 hours of successful operation (availability of at least 90%) of prior to the date of issuance of the bidding documents; and
- (III) One (1) contract should have been completed outside the Bidder’s home country.
The qualification criteria are more completely described in the Bidding Document.
- To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Document, Bidders should contact:
Attention: Mr. Olim Yusupov
Project Management Unit Manager
Expansion of Talimarjan Thermal Power Plant with Construction of next Two Combined Cycle Plants with Total Capacity of at least 900 MW
Street address: 6 Istiqlol Street
Floor/Room number: 310, Energosozlash Building (EnergoImpex)
ZIP code: 100000
Country: Republic of Uzbekistan
Telephone: (+ 99871) 233 3498/ (+99891) 4577090
Fax: (+ 99871) 2331690
E-mail address: email@example.com
- To obtain the Bidding Document in English, eligible Bidders should:
- pay a nonrefundable fee of US$ 500 or equivalent amount in national currency at the rate of Central Bank of Republic of Uzbekistan on the day of payment by bank transfer to the following account of JSC “Talimarjan TPP” Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN): 201 284979:
For Foreign Currency Account
Account No.: 2021 0840 4001 7778 8002
Account No.: 2021 0978 3001 7778 8001
SWIFT Code: UJSIUZ22XXX
"O'zsanoatqurilishbank", Operation Management (Russian abbreviation ОПЕРУ)
Inter-Branch Turnover: 00440
For Local Currency Account
Account No. (UZS): 2021 0000 4001 7778 8001
"O'zsanoatqurilishbank", Karshi regional branch
Inter-Branch Turnover: 00854
SWIFT Code: UJSIUZ22XXX
In the payment reference indicate: OCB/TAL-2/EPC-01
- To the access to the Bidding Document, the link for downloading the tender documents will be sent upon receipt of payment to the e-mail address given above.
- visit https://www.tenderlink.com/adb and register for an account (free of charge);
- locate the notice in Tenderlink by searching for «Expansion of Talimarjan Thermal Power Plant with Construction of next Two Combined Cycle Plants with Total Capacity of at least 900 MW»;
- click Download the tender documents for this notice link found at the bottom of the notice.
- Submit your First Stage bid:
- electronically through the web portal https://www.tenderlink.com/adb
- on or before the deadline: 2 February 2021, 10.00 AM (Uzbekistan Local Time)
Late bids and hardcopy submissions will not be accepted.
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission (consistent with the Bidding Document). Bidders will have the option to attend the electronic bid opening via an online conferencing system. The link to the virtual opening will be sent to the bidders seven days prior to the bid opening.
- JSC «Talimarjan TPP» will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by bidders in connection with preparation, delivery and eventual negotiation of bids.