Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 30 March 2022 – In response to the request for qualifications (RFQ) for the Uzbek Solar 3 Project (total 500 MW at 3 sites in Bukhara, Namangan and Khorezm) published on August 30, 2021, the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Uzbekistan has received 15 RFQ Applications before the deadline of November 29, 2021, 23:00 hours Tashkent Time.
On the basis of foregoing, the Tender Commission, that includes, among others, the representatives of the Ministry of Energy (MOE), the Ministry of Investments and Foreign Trade (MIFT), JSC National Electric Grids of Uzbekistan (NEGU), Public-private partnership development agency under Ministry of finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan (PPPDA), and the Ministry of Finance (MOF), has evaluated all the Applications and has determined the following list (in alphabetical order) of Prequalified Bidders to be invited to Request for Proposals stage:
1. Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company PJSC – Masdar (UAE) – Large PV
2. Alarko Holding AS (Turkey) – Medium PV
3. Elsewedy Electric S.A.E. (Egypt) – Medium PV
4. GD Power – Powerchina Consortium (China) – Large PV
5. International Company for Water and Power Projects - ACWA Power (Saudi Arabia) – Large PV
6. Jinko Power Technology Co. Ltd. (China) – Large PV
7. Nebras Power QPSC (Qatar) – Large PV
8. ReNew Power Private Limited - Ajlan & Bros Energy Company Consortium (India and Saudi Arabia) – Large PV
9. Solarpack Corporación Tecnológica S.A. (Spain) – Large PV
10. TBEA Xinjiang SunOasis Co. (China) – Large PV
11. Voltalia SA (France) – Small PV
As per the RFQ rules, the Applicants declared as Prequalified Bidders for Large PV, will be eligible to submit proposals for Large PV, Medium PV and Small PV. The Applicants, declared as Prequalified Bidders for Medium PV, will be eligible to submit proposals only for Medium PV and Small PV. The Applicants, declared as Prequalified Bidders for Small PV, will be eligible to submit proposals only for Small PV.