Tashkent - September 28, 2022: In response to the Request for Qualification (RFQ), announced on April 1, 2022 for pre-qualifying independent power producers (investor-developers) for the construction and operation of a 200 MW wind farm in the Republic of Karakalpakstan, the parties listed below have submitted Statements of Qualifications at the time of the deadline on 15 July 2022, 18:00 Tashkent time and which, after careful evaluation, are found to be compliant.
On the basis of the foregoing, the Tender Committee has determined the following list of Pre-Qualified Bidders (in alphabet order) will receive a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the project:
1) Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company PJSC – Masdar (UAE)
2) ACWA Power Company (Saudi Arabia)
3) Concord New Energy Group Limited (Hong Kong)
4) Consortium of China Datang Overseas Investment Co. Ltd. and Goldwind International Holdings (HK) Limited (China, Hong Kong)
5) Consortium of GD Power Development Co. Ltd. and China Shenhua Energy Company Limited (China)
6) EDF Renouvelables S.A. (France)
7) Eksim Enerji Anonim Şirketi (JSC Eksim Enerji) (Turkiye)
8) ReNew Vyan Shakti Private Limited (India)
9) Universal Energy Co. Ltd. (China)
10) Voltalia SA (France)
The EBRD is supporting the Government of Uzbekistan with the preparation and procurement of this project. This technical assistance is facilitated by donor funds from the Government of Japan and EBRD shareholders. The support for this 200 MW wind farm project is the second phase of a wider programme under which the EBRD is supporting the Government of Uzbekistan to develop up to 2,000 MW of wind power capacity across the country.
Press Service of the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Uzbekistan